Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon XTR (Ex-Demo Chris King, ENVE)
This is one of our DEMO Fleet, though it has only been used twice. This is also HIGHLY UPGRADED!
With the standard spec just not cutting it for our resident tester, we have upped the spec significantly, with the addition of some RaceFace carbon cranks, ENVE Bars, and some shiny XTR components, this isnt your average Tallboy. (See Specification list for full details).
If you are interested in this bike please Contact Us.
When Tallboy first launched, it wiped the floor with everything in its category. Most 29ers of the time had the geometry and suspension performance of an economy airline seat, and the industry knew it.
Tallboy was awarded "Bike of the Year" time after time, changing the perception of what a 29" wheel mountain bike was capable of. What we initially thought would be a niche marathon bike turned out to be a killer all-around trail bike.
The balanced geometry created a solid package that didn't need meddling with for over four years, and still doesn't... Kind of.
The geometry of Tallboy2 remains true to the original. However, we've fine-tuned the shock rate, improved pedaling efficiency, increased stiffness and reduced weight to make this Don of 29 the kind of sequel Francis Ford Coppola would approve of.
- 2235g (4.9lbs) for size M, matte carbon - no shock
- 140mm front suspension travel.
- 29" wheels.
- 142mm rear axle spacing.
- Bottle Cage Mount.
- Forged upper and lower links.
- Double sealed pivots with grease ports for low maintenance.
- Collet axle pivots and angular contact bearings maximize stiffness.
- Standard or Direct Mount rear derailleur option.
- Stealth and external seatpost cable routing.
- 73mm threaded BB: creak-free riding and easy installation.
- Molded rubber frame protection.
- Santa Cruz Tallboy Carbon, Medium
- Rear Shock
- Fox RP23 CTD Kashima
- RockShox Sid Solo Air 120mm
- Chris King Tapered
- Shimano XTR 10spd
- Front Derailleur
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano XTR 10psd Shadow+
- RaceFace Next SL Carbon
- Bottom Bracket
- Connex Black Edition 10spd
- Shimano XTR 11-36t
- Chris King ISO Grey
- DT Swiss Competition
- Schwalbe Hans Dampf / Racing Ralph
- Shimano XT
- Brake Levers
- Shimano XT
- ENVE DH Carbon Handlebars 800mm
- Hope SL black
- ENVE Carbon 75mm
- WTB Silverado Ti
- RockShox Reverb Stealth
- Frame Size