- Veloeye Bike Security Sticker Kit
Veloeye Bike Security Sticker Kit
Veloeye is a simple and inexpensive high visibility tracking system for bike owners. This kit contains all you need to set up your bike with the Veloeye service.
How to use Veloeye:
- Apply one of the Veloeye tamper-proof stickers
- Download the free app
- Scan the sticker on your bike by waving your smartphone camera over the code
- The sticker and bike are registered with the Veloeye central system
- That's it!
GREEN = Everything is fine in your world. Your bike is safe.
RED = Bike is stolen. Time to inform as many people as possible.
Following registration, your bike status is automatically set as green. You will receive a thankyou message to say you are registered. Should the worst happen, and your bike is stolen, you set the bike status to red.
How Veloeye Works
Technologically speaking Veloeye is a centralised service. It works a bit like this:
- The database stores the information from the smartphone apps (scanned by the customer) - Veloeye stickers are linked with bikes and owners.
- If a scan is performed on a registered sticker (and the owner has not flagged it as stolen on their app interface) then a green bike status notifies the scanner that the bike has been registered and is not stolen.
- If a stickered bike has been reported stolen, the owner can flag their bike as stolen using their app. This will then send a notification to Veloeye. We will share this information with the Veloeye community.
- If a stolen bike is scanned then a red bike notice will prompt the scanner to notify the owner of the location of the bike. The location is sent back to the owner with the map location and the time of scanning.
The Veloeye idea is simple, but they take data very seriously. Veloeye allow users to sign up for free and will charge only for the sticker pack (which covers the material costs and the running costs of the Veloeye servers). However, they will:
- never transmit data about any owners, their addresses or personally identifiable information through any of the user interfaces upon which Veloeye is developed.
- ensure all data which is stored in the Veloeye system database is encrypted and decrypted so no plain text information is stored for any of our users records.
- never store any credit card information about your orders.
- never request personal information after the initial registration process on this website or through the official Veloeye app platforms.
All data transmitted over the Veloeye platform is encrypted over industry standard SSL channels, so transmission of your data between the app and the server is also encrypted.
We aim to provide efficient delivery on all packages to mainland UK addresses. There are some areas where we will need to charge slightly more due to postage costs such as Highlands & Islands, Southern Ireland & Isle of Man.
Delivery is charged at £5.95 for standard delivery to UK mainland (see below for exceptions). Next working day delivery available for £6.95 if order before 1pm. Bikes are subject to £10.00 carriage charge. Exceptions can be found below. E-Bikes are subject to £30.00 carriage charge due to higher weight and value involved for insurance purposes.
Free delivery is available for orders over £75 and is a 2 working day service.
Orders placed before 12pm Monday to Thursday will be shipped the same day for next day delivery. Orders placed after 12pm Thursday and onwards will be shipped on Monday.
DUE TO THE CURRENT HIGH DEMAND, DELIVERY TIME FOR BIKES IS 7-10 DAYS. ALL PARTS AND ACCESSORIES ARE STILL 1-2 DAYS.
We use DPD for all our shipments:
DPD offer an excellent delivery service, with full tracking information and an hour time slot given on the day of delivery. You can also change the destination of your parcel, including local drop off points.
*Saturday delivery can be arranged at extra cost, please call for details.
SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS & SURCHARGES
Unfortunately due to the policies of our chosen shipping companies we regret that we will have to apply a separate charge to selected postcodes in the UK for some of our packages. If we need to apply this charge we will contact you after your order has been placed and work out the extra shipping charge. We do ship outwith the UK, please contact us for prices and options.
NORTHERN IRELAND POSTCODE SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcodes in Northern Ireland will carry a further charge for shipping, please contact for more details and prices.
ABERDEENSHIRE POSTCODE SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcodes in Aberdeenshire carry a further charge for large item shipping.
OUTER HEBRIDES POSTCODE SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcodes in the Outer Hebrides will carry a further charge for large item shipping, please contact for more details and prices.
INVERNESSHIRE POSTCODE SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcodes in Invernesshire carry a further charge for large item shipping.
KIRKWALL AREA POSTCODE SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcodes in the Kirkwall area carry a further charge for large item shipping shipping.
PAISLEY (WESTERN ISLES) POSTCODE SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcodes ranging from PA20 - PA80 in the Paisley & Western Isles will carry a further charge for large item shipping, please contact for more details and prices.
SHETLAND ISLES AREA SHIPPING EXCEPTIONS
Postcode within the Shetland Isles will carry a further charge for large item shipping, please contact for more details and prices.