Genesis Equilibrium Disc 2014 54cm
A new and exciting category for us, and with it, the arrival of a dedicated road-disc frame platform. Controversial as the concept might be for some, we think road disc has a definite place, and brings with it some real tangible benefits for the masses.
With the increased braking power offered by disc brakes comes also a far greater degree of control. Less of the on/off feeling sometimes associated with rim brakes, and ultimately less force at the lever needed for normal braking. Other benefits include zero rim wear (and therefore longer lasting wheels) and consistent braking performance regardless of the elements, wheel trueness or rim imperfections.
We plumped for Reynolds air-hardened 631 tubing for both the frame and lugged fork; providing us with the necessary strength and durability to withstand the increased braking forces, whilst enabling us to retain that classic skinny-tubed steel aesthetic.
Proven Equilibrium geometry and practicality combines with a traditional steel frame and lugged fork combo and modern mechanical disc brakes to create what we believe is the next generation of road bike.
|A||Head Angle (°)||72°||72°||72°||72°||72°||72°|
|D||Seat Angle (°)||74°||74°||74°||73.5°||73.5°||73.5°|
- Reynolds 631 Steel, Disc-Specific w/ Mudguard Eyelets
- Rear Shock
- Reynolds 631 Lugged Steel Fork, Disc-Specific w/ Mudguard Eyelets
- M:Part Elite, Sealed Cartridge Bearing, 1-1/8"
- Shimano 105 ST-5700 10spd
- Front Derailleur
- Shimano 105 RD-5701 10sp
- Rear Derailleur
- Shimano 105 FD-5700 10sp
- Shimano FC-R565 Compact 34/50T
- Bottom Bracket
- Shimano Hollowtech II
- Shimano CN-4601 10spd
- Shimano CS-4600 12-28T 10sp
- Shimano Deore XT M756, 6-Bolt, 32H
- Double-Butted Stainless Silver w/ Brass Nipple
- Continental Grand Sport Race (700x25c)
- Hayes CX-Expert w/ L-Series Lightweight Rotor (160mm)
- Brake Levers
- Shimano 105 ST-5700
- Genesis 0.3 Road Compact, 125mm drop x 70mm reach (31.8mm)
- Microfiber Anti-Slip w/ Silicon Gel
- Genesis 0.3 Road (31.8mm), +/-7°
- Madison Prime
- Genesis 0.3 Road, 27.2 x 350mm
- Frame Size